In this post, we’ll show you how to use Amazon tools to see what items are hot right now (plus how to find bestsellers any time of the year).
The holidays can be a time of dramatic sales trends. This season, we’re seeing some breakaway bestsellers in cosmetics, home goods, and other popular categories.
We put together this list of top-sellers from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but first, we want to mention that you can find hot-ticket items anytime you want. If you sell in the Amazon store, tools like Product Opportunity Explorer can help you perform research and explore areas of potential profitability in any given timeframe. In this article, we’ll explain how to access the tool.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Top-selling items from Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023
- How to uncover top-selling products with Product Opportunity Explorer
- Additional product research tactics you can try this holiday season (and beyond)
Top-selling items from independent Amazon sellers: Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2023
The numbers are in—here’s a list of some of the top-selling items from independent sellers for Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 2023 based on units sold:
This list is just a starting point—you can uncover popular products (or unmet demand) for niches within your product category of interest, or break into another category using Amazon’s Product Opportunity Explorer.
DIY: How to uncover top-selling items with Amazon’s Product Opportunity Explorer
What is Product Opportunity Explorer?
Product Opportunity Explorer is a tool Amazon sellers can use to supercharge product research, strategy, and inventory planning. It provides up-to-date data so you can see current trends in customer search patterns, product demand, and popular niches within product categories.
You can use POE to identify seasonal trends, unmet customer demand, and untapped niches, then make educated decisions about what products to sell within a given category.
Here’s how to get started with POE to unlock seasonal trends and other insights:
- Log into your Amazon Seller Central account (Professional selling plan required to access POE)
- From the left-hand sidebar, select Growth, then Product Opportunity Explorer
- Browse niches by category or search niches
More product research tips: 7 tactics you can use to find bestsellers in any category
- Optimize sales in your category or niche. See the potential for product opportunities using the Niche Details tab in POE for a category, niche, or a specific product.
- See what’s out of stock. Check the Average Out of Stock Rate in POE to find opportunities to provide a steady stream of products in a category experiencing stockouts.
- Conduct search term analysis. Explore trending search recommendations and top search terms in POE to gain insights into how customers find products.
- Maximize seasonal success. Check out the graphs in POE to anticipate timeframes when a niche experiences high search volumes and generates significant sales. Use this intel to make informed decisions about advertising campaigns, bidding strategies, and inventory planning.
- Boost ad campaigns. Manage your advertising budget by targeting top search terms and allocating a higher percentage of your ad spend during peak sales periods.
- Manage inventory planning. Keep an eye on trends to anticipate peak inventory periods. Get the data you need to proactively adjust stock levels, avoid running out of popular products, and ensure seamless order fulfillment, even during the busiest times of the year.
- Optimize listings. Leverage POE’s Listing Quality Score feature in your niche to get ideas for optimizing detail pages to increase traffic and improve conversion rates.
Ready to discover opportunities for products that could be top sellers?
Once you’re all set with a Professional selling plan, log into your Seller Central account, navigate to Product Opportunity Explorer under the Growth tab, and try out some of the tips we’ve covered in this post. You can also learn more about how to use Best Seller Rank to gauge sales velocity and get product ideas, or unlock access to customer behavior insights with more data through Brand Analytics.