Looking for insight on the Amazon selling experience? Look no further. We’ve compiled stats on sales, brands, tools, and programs.
At Amazon, we always start with the customer. We partner with sellers to provide them with an amazing shopping experience.
- In 2022, Amazon was ranked the most trusted brand by US consumers.
- Amazon ships to customers in more than 100 countries and regions.
- Customers complete 28% of Amazon purchases in 3 minutes or less and 50% of purchases in less than 15 minutes.
Independent sellers improve product selection, prices, and the overall customer experience. While each seller story is unique, our goal is always the same: support seller growth and success.
- More than 60% of sales in the Amazon store come from independent sellers—most of which are small and medium-sized businesses.
- In 2022, US-based sellers sold more than 4.1 billion items to customers worldwide.
- In 2022, US-based sellers averaged more than $230,000 in sales.
The best year we ever had with my cousin reselling our products, we made maybe $40,000. Then we launched our store with Amazon in the second week of November of 2021. In 2022, we did $96,000 in sales. That’s phenomenal! Now my question is, what do I got to do to do half a million with Amazon this year?
Brands in the Amazon store
Thinking about launching a brand with Amazon? Brands help customers identify new products and can be a great way to grow your business.
- In 2022, brand owners’ sales grew more than 20% in the Amazon store compared to the previous year.
- In 2022, Amazon invested more than $1.2 billion and employed over 15,000 scientists, software developers, and investigators to protect customers, brands, independent sellers, and vendors from counterfeits and other forms of abuse.
- In 2022, Amazon Brand Registry proactively blocked or removed 99% of listings suspected of counterfeiting or other forms of abuse.
- By the end of 2022, more than 16,000 brands used IP Accelerator to enroll in Brand Registry, and more than 900 million items were protected by Transparency product-serialization codes.
I’ve actually been really impressed—and kind of surprised, quite frankly—at how much Amazon has helped us build the brand; not just on Amazon, but outside of Amazon.
We’re excited to celebrate Prime Day each year and offer resources and guidance so sellers can maximize the opportunity.
- During Prime Day 2022, Prime members purchased more than 300 million items—an average of 100,000 every minute—and saved over $1.7 billion. That’s more than any previous Prime Day event.
- In the US, Prime members purchased more than 60,000 items per minute during Prime Day 2022.
- During Prime Day 2022, customers spent over $3 billion on more than 100 million items that were included in the sweepstakes “Support Small Businesses to Win Big.”
Amazon tools, programs, and services
Our selling plans come with a package of tools and services that sellers use to launch, manage, and grow their businesses. We also offer optional tools and programs to transform the selling experience.
- Shipping with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) costs 70% less per unit on average than premium options offered by major US carriers comparable to FBA, and it costs 30% less per unit on average than their standard shipping options.
- According to a 2022 benchmarking report, sellers and other advertisers who used Sponsored Products campaigns through Amazon Ads spent 13%-79% less per click compared to alternatives. 1
- Subscribe & Save products with a 10%-15% discount can drive up to a 1.8X increase in sales conversion on average.
- Basic A+ Content can encourage repeat purchases and increase sales by up to 8%.
- On average, brands with a Store saw 31x more repeat purchases in 60 days.
- In 2022, Amazon and our third-party partners lent $2.1 billion to sellers.
- Veeqo helps independent sellers save up to 78% on UPS Group labels.
- On average, Buy with Prime increases the chance of an off-Amazon customer purchase by 25%.
We realized we needed a new customer channel, and we needed some logistical support that was a lot more robust than what we had.